This is a list that includes tools, suggestions, and experiments for experiencing slowness firsthand. I encourage you to try one out, to create your own, and to share these on the blog.
1. Re-encounter your dwelling using only one of your senses, such as smell, taste, touch…
2. Sit by a riverbank and watch the flowing water for an undetermined period of time
3. During a silent meal, chew every mouthful one hundred times before swallowing
4. Practice doing nothing once a day
5. Invite a friend to a tea ceremony of your creation
6. Take a leisurely walk down a path that you have never taken before
7. Leave your watch at home
8. Read a poem out loud
9. Give yourself twice as much time to get from A to B and see what happens
10. Take ten conscious deep breaths before falling asleep
Add to the Slow List!
Leave your List Items as a comment and I will update the Slow List periodically.